Sunday, December 6, 2015

I love this month!

I love Christmas.  It is so very, very true.  I've had plentiful Christmases in the gift department and Christmases where there wasn't a whole lot, and ever since I was little (and even very Santa obsessed), I felt the pull in my own heart to celebrate Christ's birth and all he has given us, especially amidst the commercial hoopla and hectic pace of the season.  I remember going off by myself on Christmas Eve to read the Christmas story to try to remember that even though my head was about to explode from anticipation the peace I felt as I read about Jesus's humble birth was the thing that really mattered.  This morning in Primary, as the children sang a song called Christmas Bells and I listened to their sweet voices, as I looked at a few beautiful paintings we have in our Primary room I was overcome with the spirit of the season and a lot of gratitude for my Redeemer.  He is Wonderful.  He is the Prince of Peace.  And I am so thankful for Him.  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment