Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Anniversary Mayhem - 14 Years

Happily ever after is all relative, right?  Lucas and I had celebrated Saturday night because it is my only night off besides the Sabbath, but still, I am all about celebrating on the exact date of an event (OCD?), so we at least were planning on going out to lunch Monday.  That morning, the kids were wired.  I don't know why.  Lily was  okay.  Matt was really okay, but Ben and Shawn were wrestling and crazy and wouldn't leave each other alone.  Ben hurt Lily playing too rough.  The boys were at it again, and then Ben started wailing.  Lily was shushing him (never a good sign), and Shawn skulked guilty to his room (as he always does when he has played too rough).  Lily blamed Shawn, and Ben was too, um, waily?, to talk.  He flopped onto the floor and started army crawling around like his legs had been chopped off and he would never walk again, all while wailing at the top of his lungs.  It was VERY dramatic and obviously impossible for him to be injured that badly.  I made him stand up (with only foot because he was pretty sure the other one would never work again), and come to find out Lily had BEEN the culprit.  Subconsciously, she seeks revenge, no matter how pure her intentions are.  It was crazy enough, I'm pretty sure that is why Daphne could be found like this for a good half an hour.  She blockaded herself in on the fireplace with empty kitty littler boxes Lily had just brought upstairs.  If any of the kids went near her or tried to touch the boxes, she screamed.  She just sucked on the bottle as her eyes surveyed the landscape, back and forth, back and forth.  What a scene!  I could get her to smile, so I know she wasn't truly traumatized, but whenever one of those CRAZY siblings tried to interact with her...forget about it.
Throwing caution to the wind, I made appropriate threats and still determined to go out to lunch.  It was our anniversary.  Come on!  And, of course, they were all very good while I was gone.  They like to do the really nutso stuff while I'm there to see it, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment